Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Psp Editoral Part 2....Finally!

In the first PSP editorial discussed the hardware side of the Sony PSP, this editorial will browse over the software side of the PSP. From the time I turned on my PSP until the time I select which application I want to run (games, movies, videos, or photos), the PSP is in what is commonly called the home screen. The User Interface of the basic PSP menu is stellar. Entering text is easy , it uses the same type of input as a cell phone. Where one virtual "button" corresponds to 3 or 4 different letters. Setting up the wifi (80211.b) network is frankly a breeze. The process consists of scanning for networks, entering a wep code (if needed) and naming your connection, that's it.
Now onto the multimedia part of the PSP, the movies and music. The included "Spiderman 2" UMD movie is stunningly spectacular. The quality both audio and visual are top notch DVD quality. AS I speculated before, to fit a DVD movie onto a UMD which is much smaller, the special features have been cut to ensure high quality audio and video. The movie runs at least the standard 30fps(frames per second) very smoothly. The included headphones and inline control are high quality. One of the best headphones shipped with a product. There are better headphones, but again I doubt any other company has shipped as high a quality headphones bundled with another product. I haven't used my memory stick to encode and play anything off of, but I do intend to do so soon.
The music capabilities of the PSP are pretty good, but are hindered by the price of memory stick duo high prices. PC world has done an interesting story here that Sony may release a writable UMD and UMD writer, only for music and movies( at the very least give more companies access to the UMD technology), and keep the game format internal to Sony.
Finally the games. All of the games that I have purchased, "Metal Gear acid", "Twisted Metal: Head On" and "Untold Legends: Brotherhood Of The Blade" have rivaled my home console experiences in both visual and fun. All games have eye popping graphics and audio that engulfs the user. Expect a full review of all these games and more coming soon

2 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog ljbad4life. I was looking for information on trampoline accessories and came across your post Psp Editoral Part 2....Finally! - not quite what I was looking for related to trampoline accessories but interesting all the same!

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog ljbad4life. I was looking for information on scuba diving equipment and came across your post Psp Editoral Part 2....Finally! - not precisely what I was looking for related to scuba diving equipment but an interesting read all the same!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home